Friday, February 4, 2011

Yoga: Meditation & Relaxation

First off, I am old.  Second off, I don't care.  Why might you ask?  Because one of the best Friday nights I have spent in a while just happened at my first ever yoga class.  Well it was more of a one on one session, but still.  It was all about learning to meditate and relax.  On how to reconnect with yourself.  In a way for me it would be connecting, since reconnecting would imply being connected at one point in time...since I do not remember a time that I was (probably when I was young, if ever) I should say connect.  


If you have not taken a relaxation/meditation class and have ever thought about it, I would encourage it.  We live in such a hectic world and most have such busy schedules that it really has come to the point that we have to schedule it in.  Silly if you really stop and think about it.


After this week, I needed to take some time to reflect on things.  To center myself.  To become in tune to the inner flow of my body.  Next week there will be tests done and maybe a confirmation on a diagnosis, and only then can I determine a plan of action.  Right now, I gave the possibility of the diagnosis enough of a hold on me to ruin one day.  And that was one day too many.  So until a final diagnosis is achieved I am going to work on getting my health on the right path to handle whatever is thrown at me...both physically, emotionally, and physically.


I was not on track yesterday with my Advocare products.  I drank the Spark and took the first strip but the rest went to the wayside with the call from the doctor.  I made healthy choices with food and even said no to the cookie I wanted.   Today I was on better track with Advocare, getting all of the strips, catalyst, and thermo-plus in...but I left my lunch bag at home...so my food options weren't as good because despite the fact that I work for a world leading hospital, the food options stink.  I did ok with my choice but I did end up eating the cookie.  Not going to beat myself up for it because I honestly wanted it today.  It wasn't about eating emotions.  I dealt with them yesterday and today I just wanted the cookie.  So I ate it.  And it was good.  No guilt afterwards because it was a choice that I made after weighing out the options.


Tomorrow I am getting my hair done with a friend at a new place.  I can't wait.  Its been awhile since I have hung out with her and look forward to catching up a bit.  If I get up on time I plan on doing Week 3 Day 3 of C25K and then go to Blended Style Yoga at the same place.  But I am not going to put pressure on myself to go if I am not awake.


I am who I am.


Over and out,
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment