Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stop Putting Off LIVING!!!

I came to a realization this week.  I think that there are many miserable people out there.  Everyone is so busy going from one thing to another to make ends meet or to get more money or what not that I think somewhere along the way we all lost why we do these things.  Let me back up.

As many of you know my father passed away when I was 10.  Now most of you may think that this is what has caused me to think that life is short and we must cease what we have and run with it.  However, it isn't.  It was the aftermath that became my mother's life.  When my father was alive, yes he went to work every day.  And he worked hard being he was a sheet metal worker.  But he played even harder.  Now not every one (including me) would agree with his method of fun/play/release but at least he did it. My mother would to some extent as well, but I don't think it was her choice...but that is another story for another blog.

When he passed, it was like all that stopped.  And nothing replaced it.  She worked and took care of me.  Made sure I had all that I needed.  But didn't take care of her own "fun" needs really.  Now she works and takes care of my grandmother.  Again, I don't know if she has ever found her fun or relaxation or zen or whatever you want to call it.

I don't want to become my mother.  And I don't think neither do my sisters.  If you look at how we have lived our lives as of late you could see what I mean.  I am not saying we are shirking our financial duties but priorities are just not that of work and that is it.  I am no longer interested in making money, rather I would rather do something that I love.  However, that is not always possible due to the fact that there are still bills that need to be paid and I don't think the bill collectors will let me pay with passion.  I also realize that I am in a great position (especially in this economy) to be able to even have a great career and still be able to pursue my passion. 

I just wish more people would learn to enjoy life now.  Stop putting things off.  Stop saying "some day" to things that you CAN do today.  I do realize there are things that you may want to do that may have to be put on hold, but there are MANY things that you CAN do now. 

I was asked on Facebook how I possibly do all the things that I do.  To me, it actually came as a surprise.  I don't think that I do all that much.  I feel like I have more down time than I should.  I am done letting things like time, fatigue, and in some cases, money rule whether I should do something.  There are things more important to me, like spending time with loved ones.  Sure my house is still not painted...but I would rather be out with people than painting and it will get done.    I will tell you that I have not regretted the fact that my house isn't perfect.  What I have regretted is not spending time with people when I had the chance.  Or trying something new.  Or going after a dream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment